Monday 25 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 217 - 1 Chronicles 19:1-22:1; 1 Corinthians 1:18-2:5; Psalm 91:1-8

David - “Let me fall into the hands of the Lord, for His mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men” (1 Chronicles 20:13).
Paul - “But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong” (1 Corinthians 1:27).
What a contrast there is between man and God! How important it is that “our faith might not rest on man’s wisdom, but on God’s power” (1 Corinthians 2:5).
“He will save you from the fowler’s snare” (Psalm 91:3). Our hope is not in man. It is in the Lord: “He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God, in whom I trust” (Psalm 91:2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...