Monday 25 December 2017

One Year Bible: Day 266 - Isaiah 57:14-59:21; Ephesians 3:1-21; Psalm 111:1-10

“’Here am I,’ says the Lord” (Isaiah 58:9). “Here am I”, says Isaiah (Isaiah 6:8). Our “Here am I” only has meaning within the context of God’s “Here am I.” It is because He is ‘the God who is there’ (Francis Schaeffer) that we can draw near to Him - “You did not wait for me to draw near to You ...” (Mission Praise, 969). When we come to Him with the prayer, “Here am I”, we come with a commitment to service: “Send me” (Isaiah 6:8). We are sent into the battle, but we have this encouraging Word from the Lord - He has gone ahead of us to prepare the way for us. “He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on His head” (Isaiah 59:17). Through this encouraging Word, we are “strengthened in the inner being” (Ephesians 3:16). - “His power ... is at work within us” (Ephesians 3:20). “He has shown His people the power of His works, giving them the lands of other nations” (Psalm 111:6). This is the victory of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lord’s work is moving on.

Deuteronomy 33:1-34:12 The Lord’s work is moving on. The Lord’s servant – Moses – is looking towards the future. He is pronouncing God’s...